Monday, July 28, 2008

Gone Till November

Hey everybody. If I haven't talked to you in the past few months let me get you up to speed.
Starting tomorrow, July 30th, Erik and I are taking a trip around the world (that still sounds strange to say). We will be gone until the beginning of November.

Our Itinerary:
We are flying out of San Francisco Friday afternoon and arriving in Hong Kong Saturday afternoon. From there we will travel to Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, India, Germany, Czech Rep., Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, France, England, and Scotland. We are flying back to the US on November 1st.

So you may be thinking, "Why a trip around the world?" or "You're 23, get a job" or "I wish the McRib would come back to McDonalds." Well let me explain.
I graduated a year ago and worked this past year as a graphic designer around Raleigh. After about a month working in a cubicle I decided I needed to do something crazy. I needed to take a trip. Since I never studied abroad in school and have never been overseas, I decided to take 3 months and go around the world. After a year and a lot of research, our trip was set.
As far as the McRib thing goes, I totally agree. I could definitely go for a McRib right now.

Now, since my laziness in making a listserve out weighs my distaste for blogging, I decided to create this travel blog. We will be updating this site throughout our trip, posting photos, videos, and possibly the occasional fund solicitation. Feel free to comment on anything or send us emails. We will both be checking our emails at internet cafes throughout our trip.
Well I guess that's about it. See you on the flipside.

In the meantime here's a video of my 15 yr old dog Champ. Enjoy.

8 comments:

Chad said...

dude this is an amazing blog. i am envious of chasing steves world tour. and the video of champ is amazing.

im gonna miss you guys. i freaking love you!

see you when you get back.

Unknown said...

Remember that we know people around the world. Actually, I (Lori) said goodbye tonight to a friend who lives in Hungary who will be returning there in about a week. Please let us know if you want some contacts. We love you and will be praying for you! Have a super/safe trip.

Uncle Mike and Aunt Lori

Judy Hollis said...

We hope both of you have a great time. Have fun and be safe. Our prayers will be with you. We're sure you will make this into a movie one day!
Mark and Judy Hollis

Barry Sonders said...

Nick- haven't talked in a while, but I hope your trip with Erik around the world goes awesome. I'm very envious! Keep in mind while you are on the trip that this is definitely something special you both are embarking on, to be able to interact with various cultures around the world is amazing. Also, on a serious note, I miss the McRib like you wouldn't imagine! I'm glad to see you are doing this and I'll keep checking on the blog.

Angela said...

this trip is going to be amazing, can't wait to hear about it. I'll keep you updated with the really exciting things that are happening in Concord (like Champ sitting up). Have fun!!

suecbee said...

Nick and Erik-
Just dropped you off at the airport... around the world!! What an amazing journey you have put together. Relax a little, have fun, be safe and remember to call your mother occasionally.
With love and lots of prayers,
Mom

Billie said...

Nick,

Wow! What an exciting adventure you and Erik will be having.

Thanks for setting up this blog it will be great fun to share in this experience with you.

Much love and prayers,
Dave, Billie and family

Linda said...

Nick, I just talked to your Dad to wish him happy birthday & get your address. thanks for putting this together so we can follow you around the world. I thought 5 weeks across the country was cool, this is going to be awesome! I hope you & Erik have a wonderful time! Be safe. Love & prayers; Linda